The Polish Government have today announced the current restrictions imposed prior to the Easter period will be extended for 1 week, until Sunday 25th April, but with some changes & exceptions.
Hotels & Accommodation will remain closed until 3rd May.
The Press Conference is still ongoing. This article will be updated as announcements are made.
The changed restriction is:-
- We are extending the hotel restrictions by two weeks, until 3rd May, it will not be possible to run hotels and accommodation facilities – adds the minister. He explains it so that there are no dilemmas as to what decisions to make in connection with the May weekend.
The main exceptions to the extended restrictions include:-
- From Monday 19th April, children will be allowed to return to kindergartens and nurseries.
- Outdoor sports will also be allowed – amateur sport in the open air will be restored from next Monday (19/4/21).
Reminder of the current ‘Easter’ restrictions
- Religious worship facilities – max 1 person / 20m2
- Retail outlets <100m2 1 person / 15m2,> 100m2 1 person / 20m2
- Shopping Centres closed
- Beauty salons closed
Future Changes to restrictions?
If we think about further loosening, regionalization is almost certain – says Adam Niedzielski.
WE WILL UPDATE THIS ARTICLE AS MORE INFORMATION IS ANNOUNCED DURING THE PRIME MINISTER’S PRESS CONFERENCE:
David fell in love with Kraków 24 years ago, making it his home in 2011.
In 2020 he was awarded the title of Kraków’s Ambassador of Multiculturalism, by the President of Kraków, and is also a member of the GlobalScot network, representing Scottish culture and business abroad.
We’re always looking for interesting stories, events, characters or groups to feature. Likewise, if you’d like to join us, as a contributor, please get in touch.