On 11th February 2021, the city opened this years competition, inviting nominations for the title of “Krakow Ambassador of Multiculturalism” AD 2020.
In December 2018, the Krakow City Council established the title of “Krakow Multicultural Ambassador”, awarded to individuals, groups or organisations actively involved in intercultural dialogue in Kraków.
The “Krakow Ambassador of Multiculturalism” award recognises activities and initiatives aimed at promoting cultural, ethnic and religious diversity as well as the integration of Krakow’s residents and foreigners.
In accordance with the resolution – No. III / 31/18 of the Krakow City Council of December 19, 2018 on establishing the title of “Krakow Multicultural Ambassador”, the award may be awarded to individuals or entities, such as: non-governmental organisation, institution, company or informal group.
The title of “Krakow Ambassador of Multiculturalism” is awarded by the Mayor of the City of Krakow at the request of the Chapter of Multiculturalism, annually for the previous calendar year.
The deadline for submitting applications is 12th March, 2021.
Applications for the title of “Krakow Ambassador of Multiculturalism” should be submitted:
- by delivering a signed application to the Social Policy and Health Department of the Municipality of Kraków, – ul. Dekerta 24, 30-703 Kraków – the correspondence mail box is located on the ground floor of the building, next to the reception desk;
- by sending a scan of the signed application together with an editable version of the application to the Faculty’s e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Detailed information on the competition can be obtained by calling:
icon-phone 12 616 78 08
12 616 78 21
- Any entity that deems it legitimate has the right to submit applications for the Kraków Ambassador of Multiculturalism title 2020.
- The person submitting the application cannot be a candidate at the same time.
- The application can be accompanied by other, additional documentation, that the person submitting the application considers to be helpful for the work of the Multiculturalism Committee.
It should be noted that the application with a nomination for the title must be submitted in Polish. The translated versions of the forms should be used for information purposes only.
Information on the competition is available in several languages, but please note, the nomination application form can only be submitted in Polish.
Application form for persons or entities – nominations for the title: KRAKÓW AMBASSADOR OF MULTICULTURALISM 2020
David fell in love with Kraków 24 years ago, making it his home in 2011.
In 2020 he was awarded the title of Kraków’s Ambassador of Multiculturalism, by the President of Kraków, and is also a member of the GlobalScot network, representing Scottish culture and business abroad.
We’re always looking for interesting stories, events, characters or groups to feature. Likewise, if you’d like to join us, as a contributor, please get in touch.