When it comes to flat rentals, the real estate agent’s commission usually amounts to one month’s rent. In some cases this may be open to negotiation with your agent, always ask first.
What can I expect from an agent?
- interview clients to determine their needs and preferences with regard to the properties they are seeking
- advise clients on market conditions and prices
- search for an apartment that will meet client’s standard, in the desired area of the city and within their financial budget
- connect with property owners and / or other agencies in order to cooperate with them on rentals
- co-ordinate viewings
- negotiate the end rent rate for the client
- represent their client throughout the process of renting the flat
- accompany client during visits to properties
- check or prepare documents regarding the rental, making sure the client understands what they sign
- answer any questions a client might have with regard to the flat to rent