New public transport ticket designs and pricing were introduced with effect from today, 1st May 2019.
Timed tickets are now valid for 20, 50 & 90 minutes, 24, 48 & 72 hours, 7 days, as well as group and family tickets. The single use timed tickets, ie 20, 50, 90 minutes will now be valid for both city and agglomeration routes for the same price.
Krakow residents paying taxes in the city, are eligible to apply for the Krakow Card. To do this, go to the website kk.krakow.pl, create an account and complete the application – NB Android only for now, iOS ‘coming soon’. Alternatively you can download the Krakow Card App and sign up using the app.
Krakow Card holders can buy a monthly network ticket at a reduced rate of 69zł. (see discount price comparisons in FAQ section below)
You can exchange any old tickets ‘single use’ at one of these MPK tickets sales points, details of which can be found on the mpk.krakow.pl website. Periodic tickets remain valid until they expire.
- ul. Podwale 3/5 – czynny pn – pt , 9:00 – 19:00
- os. Centrum D bl.7 – czynny pn – pt , 9:00 – 19:00
- ul. Krowoderskich Zuchów 8a – czynny pn – pt , 11:00 – 19:00
- ul. Św. Wawrzyńca 13 – czynny pn – pt , 8:00 – 16:00
- ul. Powstańców Wielkopolskich 6 – czynny pn – pt , 9:00 – 17:00
- Pętla autobusowa MPK przy Dworcu – czynny pn – pt , 9:00 – 19:00
Głównym Wschód sobota , 8:00 – 16:00
if there is no automatic ticket machine on board or if it is faulty, you can only buy 90 minute tickets for 6zł/3zł, from the driver.
The key changes are summarised below. Full details can be found on the ztp.krakow.pl website.
Help! – I can’t find the new tickets on my ticket app?
If you use an electronic e-ticket app such as Skycash, Mobilet etc, they have been updated with the new ticket tariff’s but the single use ‘timed’ tickets have moved, to reflect the change that they are now valid for both zones 1 & 2. You now need to select the Strefa 1&2 (1 i 2) option the single use timed tickets are all available there.
Frequently asked questions:
- Unused tickets for cancellation with an outdated price, withdrawn from circulation, can be exchanged (with an additional payment option) for other cancellation tickets, selected from the current ticket offer for 3 months from May 1, 2019. After this period, invalid tickets to cancel will expire.
- The cancellation tickets that will be exchanged for a new one do not have to be of the same type. It should agree the price of old and new tickets (with possible additional payment).
- Tickets to delete, which only the graphic design changes, and the price and scope of the zone (s) do not change, we consider it important to use.
- Tickets for temporary cancellations canceled before 1 May 2019 are valid until the end of their validity.
- From 1 May 2019, the rule +/- 1 stop does not apply – season tickets for 1 route or 2 communication lines only entitle you to travel along the route of this route using any other day and night lines whose route is common along at least one inter-operant segment and runs in the same direction.
- Periodic tickets purchased before May 1, 2019 may be used until the expiration date.
- Passengers possessing a double-entry ticket which has been deleted once, will be able to delete the ticket for the second time also after changing the ticket tariff.
Examples of new periodic ticket prices & discounts
- network – 69zł for holders of the Krakow Card (normally – 106zł)
- Ticket for one line – 45zł with the Krakow Card – (normally – 69zł)
- Ticket for two lines – 58zł with the Krakow Card – (normally – 89zł)
List of key changes:
- selected ticket prices for cancellation will change: single-ride tickets for one person / 50-minute, 20-minute, 48-hour, 72-hour, 7-day tickets
- a 40-minute / single-ride ticket will be replaced by a 50-minute / single-ticket ticket for PLN 4.60 (normal) and PLN 2.30 (concessionary)
- tickets: 20-minute and 50-minute / single-ride will be valid in both ticket zones I and II instead of in the zone I as before
- The 60-minute ticket will be discontinued
- also a two-pass ticket will be canceled until it is deleted twice
- The rules for the validity of the family ticket have been clarified
- the monthly bearer network monthly ticket will be closed
- the price of selected season tickets will be changed
- a one-day Krakow Tourist Card will be introduced
- the price of acquiring the right to travel with public transport will change as part of the Krakow Tourist Card: two-day and three-day
- prices and types of periodic integrated tickets will change for journeys combined with public transport and railways
- the “plus-minus one stop” rule will be abolished
- drivers of public transport will sell only 90-minute tickets.