The first Kraków case was confirmed on 9th March 2020, coming only a few days after Poland’s first case, involving a patient in Zielona Góra, Western Poland, which was announced on 4th March, 2020.
Polish Cases: 7771 Fatalities: 292
INFORMATION & ADVICE
We have collated below, the official Polish Government and City of Kraków advice and guidance, together with information from health authorities and other resources in English and Polish.
NEWS AND UPDATES
We will also update this article daily with the latest news and information from authorities and Polish media ‘live updates’, in the daily updates section below.
COMMUNITY SUPPORT INITIATIVES?
– Meals for medical staff – #gastropomaga #posilekdlalekarza
– Widzialna Ręka Kraków Visible Hands Support FB Group
– Visible Hand Poland (International Section) in English
– Priceless Support (“Wsparcie bezcenne”) Initiative
– www.KrakowPomaga.pl & Kraków Pomaga Facebook
– Kraków Expat Businesses – Coronavirus Support FB Group
– Pomagam.PL Crowdfunder
– ServetheCity.pl (Coronavirus response)
– Homeless people support (websiterzykka.pl)
– Dentestetica launch a free Dental Helpline – Support Local Businesses Kraków FB Group (Wspieraj lokalny biznes: KRAKÓW) [flag-pl]
– International Community Support (Collaborate Kraków!)
Collaborate, Krakow! have temporarily changed their group, to an International Community Support Group. You still can share social-related information, but also YOU CAN TALK!
– Rock Your Lockdown FB Group
Hosting live performances at 5pm (+1GMT) at the request of many friends around the world who were locked down (voluntarily or forced) to help ease the tension and boost flagging spirits.
Please feel free to: – embrace our daily challenges – throw some creative ideas our way – share photos – share memes – introduce yourselves – say hi – share stories – hang out – sing along – reach out – make new friends – engage your family – share a laugh Let’s get through these troubled times TOGETHER
Please contact us with any support groups or initiatives we could add here!
Patient Telephone Information – 800-190-590
24/7 information how to deal with suspected coronavirus infection. For English press 6.
Coronavirus Guide by City of Kraków, (English)
The city of Kraków have published an English language version of their special Coronavirus edition of the bi-weekly Kraków.PL publication.
Coronavirus Guide – City of Kraków – English Edition (pdf download)
2 meters apart even a family, except for a mother or father with a small child.
Persons under the age of 18 can stay only with an adult outside, otherwise they must stay at home.
No use of city bikes.
Restrictions on parks, boulevards, beaches etc. all out of service.
Closed retail and service outlets, including cosmetics, hairdressing.
The limit of people in the store is a maximum of 3 people for one cash register. 5 cash registers = 15 people at the store.
Mail up to 2 people per window.
Maximum 3 people to one stall, stands
Order to put on gloves in front of stores.
All construction stores closed on weekends.
From 10am to 12pm stores open only to the elderly above 60 years of age.
Hotels and accommodation facilities closed. Exceptions for the person in quarantine and isolation.
Limits of persons with private carriers.
Quarantine from today complete isolation from the family.
All rehabilitation treatments canceled.
Order to disinfect places at the checkout after each customer.
Fines will be severely imposed up to PLN 30,000.
- Many thanks to Elena Zarubina, for helping with translating & converting this graphic, explaining the new restrictions, from gazeta.pl. into English.
- New regulations introduced to extend right of stay for foreigners [flag-gb]
Important update for those whose legal stay in Poland is close to expire – Visas, residency cards and work permits will automatically be extended for the State of Epidemic + 30 days on top.
- Temporary rules for registration (& de-registration) of foreigners
Temporary procedures have been prepared for the registration and de-registration of foreigners residing on the territory of the Republic of Poland who are obliged to register or deregister. (krakow.pl)
- Coronavirus – key phone numbers [ENG / UKR / RUS]
Poland enters partial ‘Lockdown’
STRICTER MEASURES JUST ANNOUNCED BY POLISH GOVT. – EFFECTIVE FROM WED 25th March.
Official gov.pl Announcement with FAQ’s
Until 11th April 11 inclusive, you will not be able to move freely outside your home except:-
- travel to work . If you are an employee, run your own business or farm, you have the right to get to your job. You also have the right to buy goods and services related to your professional activity.
- volunteering. If you work to fight coronavirus and help those in need to be in quarantine or who should not leave your home, you can move around as part of this activity.
- dealing with matters necessary for everyday life. You will be able to move around to do the necessary shopping, buy medicines, see a doctor, look after relatives and walk the dog.Important! You can only move in a group of up to two people. This restriction does not apply to families.
- Half seat occupancy on buses – Public transport public transport continues to operate. However, only half of the seats can be occupied on a bus or tram . If there are 70 seats in the vehicle, it can have a maximum of 35 people on its board.
- Total ban on gatherings – except with family.
The new regulations also prohibit any gatherings, meetings, events or meetings. However, you will be able to meet your loved ones.
- Limit of 5 people at religious ceremonies.
- Workplaces – Restrictions on the number of people do not apply to workplaces. However, they should apply particularly strict recommendations of the Chief Sanitary Inspector in the field of maintaining the distance of employees, disinfectants etc.
- Up to 5000zł fine for breaking new restrictions
- Restrictions apply until 11th April
- Biedronka introduce priority shopping hour and privileges for seniors – 65+
- Largest daily increase in cases up 116 to 749
- First 5k zł fines issued for breaking Quarantine- from now fines increased to 30k zł
- Lack of Home Working Regulation causes problems
- UK Embassy advice for Polish nationals resident in UK seeking ‘rescue flights’
- Playgrounds, parks & outdoor gyms closed
- Advice for safe forest walks
- Polish Government launch games website, including Minecraft Server
- AUDIBLE Providing a number of kids titles for free, as long as schools remain closed.
For as long as schools are closed, we’re open. Starting today, kids everywhere can instantly stream an incredible collection of stories, including titles across six different languages, that will help them continue dreaming, learning, and just being kids. All stories are free to
- Update on number of tests carried out across Poland (Polish Health Ministry)
To date, 17,607 samples have been tested for coronavirus.In the case of 17,044 the result was negative and in 563 it was positive – the Ministry of Health said. In the last 24 hours over 2.5 thousand were made.Czytaj więcej na https://RMF24.pl/fakty/news-dwie-kolejne-ofiary-koronawirusa-w-polsce-liczba-zakazonych-,nId,4396273#utm_source=paste&utm_medium=paste&utm_campaign=chrome
- Polish territorial defence force (WOT) deployed for first time, to support Coronavirus effort.
- Krakow pigeons are starving – KTOZ Appeal for help
- Free online ‘boredom busting’ resources to keep kids amused
- Polish President Announces Small business support package
All self-employed and small businessmen employing up to nine people will be exempt from paying social security (ZUS) contributions for three months if their revenue has fallen by more than 50 percent compared to February
Polish Government announced a ‘state of epidemic’ and new measures.
- Schools etc to remain closed until Easter
- Fine for breaking quarantine increased from 5k zl to 30k zł
- From March 25, the obligation to implement core curricula will be introduced, so that teachers can transfer their knowledge in a more systematic way, be able to contact their students and, if necessary, give them grades – he said.
- Today, more than 400 people infected with coronavirus, more than 50 people have been infected, 900 people are hospitalised. This entitles me to sign the regulation introducing the state of the epidemic – Szumowski just passed on.
- Announcing the state of the epidemic in the country is a difficult decision, but when we look at the number of people who die every day in France or Italy, I think that these difficult decisions, responsible behaviour of Poles, save lives – he said.
- What does epidemic status mean? Szumowski explains: – The Minister of Health in Poland, and voivodes in the voivodships can appoint roles in combating the epidemic. You can simply delegate someone to work in this area, which is necessary to stop the epidemic. (gazeta.pl)
- We will have a thousand or two thousand in the coming days. In a dozen or so days, it can be 10,000.- said Szumowski.
- LOT ‘rescue” flights from Warsaw to UK (UK Embassy)
- Government support for small businesses
- Further changes to bus timetable from Monday
- List of food & takeaway delivery services (krakow.pl)
krakow.pl publish list of food & takeaway delivery services, and invite businesses who may be interested in being listed, to register with them. Entrepreneurs who want to join the campaign, please contact the Administrative Affairs Department by email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- CEIDG Helpline Numbers for Entrepreneurs (EN PL UKR RUS)
- 27 year old Polish woman Coronavirus victim dies of sepsis
- Can foreigners remain in Poland after Visa has expired (wyborcza.pl)
On Tuesday, Lieutenant Agnieszka Golias, spokeswoman for the Chief of the Border Guard, sent us information that should reassure foreigners who end with a Polish visa or long-term residence card: “If after entering Poland on the basis of a Polish national visa type D or a Polish residence card ( long-term stay) the foreigner also has a biometric passport, it is possible after the end of the long-term stay to continue this stay (without having to leave) as a short-stay stay in visa-free travel (i.e. max 90 days in any period of 180 days back) on the basis of the biometric passport, provided that that the short-stay limit has not been used before. “
Cf. Agnieszka Golias explains that the regulations have not changed.
– A foreigner is obliged to leave the country before the end of his legal stay. Each case will be treated individually. Closing borders makes it difficult, but does not completely prevent you from leaving Poland. We will verify whether the foreigner has actually made every effort to leave or neglected this obligation – he announces. – Those who should have left before closing the borders, but did not do so, are facing criminal and administrative sanctions.
- Public Transport season ticket holders can claim refund (EN UKR RUS krakow.pl)
- Epidemic Alert – Useful information from the city of Kraków (krakow.pl)
- Government launch Home Quarantine Application
Home quarantine – is an application that facilitates and facilitates the compulsory quarantine at home.The program allows you to confirm the place where you are, basic health assessment and direct notification of the threat. It also makes it easier to supply the most-needed items to people who cannot do this themselves
- Explanation of ‘Epidemic State’ measures (source GK)
In Poland, an epidemic was announced on Friday. The decision was announced by Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki.What does this mean in practice? For starters, it’s an extension of school closure until Easter. But the state of the epidemic also allows the state to introduce a ban on conducting certain activities, restrictions on movement around the country, as well as the creation of closed zones – the so-called zero zones or buffer zones. In practice, this may mean closing cities, settlements or even specific places. However, no such decisions have been made yet.The epidemic status allows for:
– temporarily restricting a particular manner of movement,
– temporarily restricting or prohibiting the marketing and use of specific items or food products,
– temporary limitation of the functioning of specific institutions or workplaces,
– a ban on organising shows and other gatherings of the population,
– the obligation to perform specific sanitary procedures
– an order to provide access to real estate, premises, areas and to provide means of transport for anti– – epidemic activities provided for in the anti-epidemic plans,
– the obligation to carry out preventive vaccinations
The epidemic status opens up the possibility of creating the so-called zero zones and buffer zones. What does it mean?
the area in which the epidemic occurred, immediately surrounding the virus outbreak, subject to restrictions, in particular bans, orders and control measures
The area around the zero zone, subject to restrictions, in particular bans or orders regarding the movement of people
What rules can be introduced in the zero zone or in the buffer zone?
– temporarily regulating the supply of certain types of items;
– an obligation to undergo medical examinations and to use other preventive measures and treatments by sick and suspected persons;
– obligation to undergo quarantine, also outside the home
– a ban on leaving the quarantine facility;
– temporary limitation of the use of premises or areas and the obligation to secure them;
– order to evacuate at specified times from specific places, areas and facilities;
– an order or prohibition to stay in certain places and facilities and in certain areas;
– a ban on leaving the zero zone by sick and suspected persons;
– order for a specific way of traveling.
– temporarily limiting a particular manner of movement,
– temporarily restricting or prohibiting the marketing and use of certain items or food products,
– temporary limitation of the functioning of specific institutions or workplaces,
– an obligation to perform specific sanitary procedures if their performance involves the functioning of specific production, service, commercial or other facilities,
– an order to provide access to real estate, premises, areas and to provide means of transport for anti-epidemic activities,
– obligation to carry out preventive vaccinations
vtemporary limitation of specific areas of business activity
- Current information on the coronavirus: (various languages: PL, EN, RU, UA, FR, GEO, TJ, AR, VIE)
- Polish Government provide Coronavirus Information online in English
- Ryanair passenger complain of difficulties in processing refunds
- Pomagam.PL Crowdfunder
- Authorities monitoring online and shop price exploitation
“The team monitoring prices in online stores will include employees of UOKIK, while employees of the Trade Inspection were directed to monitor prices in stores, including retail chains.”
- SARS-CoV-2 vs Covid-19
The novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 causes an illness called COVID-19. Its most common symptoms include: fever, persistent cough, breathing difficulties, muscle pain, and fatigue.
- PL Govt temporarily restore Sunday trading as part of emergency measures.
“The government aid package for companies provides for: temporary restoration of stores and trade supplies on Sunday, ” informs the Chancellery of the Prime Minister on Wednesday.
- Polands ‘Patient zero’ recovers
- City of Kraków to publish list of food delivery services – soon!
- Straz Miejska remind people to avoid play areas and outdoor fitness parks (krakow.pl)
The Municipal Police reminds you to restrict leaving your home, including playgrounds and outdoor gyms. The guards accept reports of this type of behaviour under No. 986.(intervention tel. no) Patrols will intervene and inform about current recommendations
- ZUS Announce new thematic helpline numbers
- MOPS launch new Shopping for Seniors service („Zakupy dla Seniora”)
The Municipal Social Welfare Centre is launching the “Shopping for the Elderly” service addressed to residents of Krakow over the age of 60 who live alone or with another elderly person or with a disability, and should not leave home due to an epidemic emergency. Needs in this area can also be reported by disabled people over 18 who live alone.
- Health advice for people with Asthma (English)
- Polish Anti Crisis Protection law (“tarczy antykryzysowej”) to be ready by Friday
- Mastercard raise pin free card payment limit to 100zł from this weekend
- Increased online activity slows internet speeds
SpeedTest.pl, mobile operators noted an increase in the volume of data transmission of 20-40 percent. Some users have noticed a 10-15 percent decrease in performance.
- 8 year imprisonment for breaking quarantine. Some cases already being investigated
- SIGNIFICANT DELAYS & CONGESTION AT POLISH ROAD BORDER CROSSINGS
- SOME BANKS SUSPEND LOAN REPAYMENTS WITH OTHERS SET TO FOLLOW
- POLISH GOVERNMENT PLANNING ECONOMIC AID PACKAGE
- FOREIGNERS LEGAL RIGHTS & OBLIGATIONS REGARDS TO COVID-19 (various languages)
- ZUS ANNOUNCE TEMPORARY RELIEF MEASURES & OPTIONS
- CORONAVIRUS SCAM ALERTS
- CHANGE IN PUBLIC TRANSPORT TIMETABLES FROM WEDNESDAY (krakow.pl)
From Wednesday, March 18 until further notice, trams will run on all weekdays (from Monday to Friday) according to Saturday timetables.
- ZUS & SICK LEAVE INFORMATION (GK article POLISH)
- HOSPITAL APPEAL
- PSYCHOLOGICAL SUPPORT FOR RESIDENTS
- SCHOOL CLOSURE LIKELY TO EXTEND TO EASTER (Education Minister)
the Minister of National Education admitted that the current two-week break in schools will most likely be extended. Based on current analysis, informed that the peak incidence of coronavirus would start in Poland in a week or two weeks:
“It seems obvious that opening up schools would be absurd. It is therefore a matter of time when we will issue another regulation stating that we are extending the period of closure of branches. It is very likely that the next moment to which we will extend the school closing period will be Easter, and after that we will check what will happen next”
- EU PROPOSE CLOSING BORDERS TO ALL NON-ESSENTIAL FOREIGN NATIONALS FOR 30 DAYS
The Commission will ask EU leaders’ permission to enforce the travel ban as early as Wednesday during a telephone call tomorrow.
The EU propose banning the “non-essential” entry of all foreign nationals, in the most dramatic crackdown yet to try to curb the continent’s coronavirus pandemic.
Only residents, family members and essential staff – healthcare workers and medical experts – will be exempt from the measures, to be imposed for 30 days initially.
- NEW FB GROUP – KRAKOW EXPAT BUSINESSES – CORONAVIRUS SUPPORT GROUP
- E-LEARNING INTRODUCED FOR HOUSEBOUND SHOOLKIDS (we’ve just finished our online homework!)
- SUPPORTING & REASSURING CHILDREN ON THE CORONAVIRUS – (MANY LANGUAGES mindheart.co)
- ANNOUNCEMENT ON BANKING MEASURES TO SUPPORT BUSINESS & CUSTOMERS
- ORLEN REDUCE FUEL PRICES
- INTERNAL DOMESTIC FLIGHTS TO BE SUSPENDED FROM TODAY
- CORONAVIRUS: HOW TO PROTECT YOUR MENTAL HEALTH (source: BBC – IN ENGLISH)
- NFZ CORONAVIRUS FAQ’s (POLISH)
- BORDER WAITING TIMES (Straz Graniczna)
BOARD GAMES Etc
If anyone know any individual restaurant that offers delivery directly, please share the information so that we will have more choices, and they have more customers.
If anyone who lives alone and under quarantine that has more immediate need for grocery/food supply, we shall have also a channel to help out one another.
(source: Elsie Xieyee via FB)
- List of food & takeaway delivery services (krakow.pl)
krakow.pl publish list of food & takeaway delivery services, and invite businesses who may be interested in being listed, to register with them. Entrepreneurs who want to join the campaign, please contact the Administrative Affairs Department by email: email@example.com
Another helpful expat ‘Chris LaVigne’ has also created a searchable list of food delivery option.
Krakow Restaurant offering food pick up and delivery
We understand that Ryanair will be operating two recovery flights from #Krakow to the UK on 16 & 17 March. Tickets available for purchase at airport only, priority will be given to passengers who were scheduled to go on flights that were cancelled.
- AIRLINES ARRANGING SPECIAL FLIGHTS FROM WAW & KRK to UK
THIS JUST POSTED BY UK EMBASSY –LOT & EASYJET Arranging flights from WAW & KRK to UKSome airlines to run special flights from Poland to UK over next few days, including LOT Polish Airlines from Warsaw and easyJet from Krakow. Please contact airlines directly. LOT seats for one flight tomorrow are available online via www.lot.com and we understand more should follow. (source UK Embassy)
- STRAZ GRANICZNA REPORT UP TO 7hrs QUEUES AT PL ROAD BORDER CROSSINGS
- THIS WEBSITE GRANICA.GOV.PL GIVES UPDATES ON INFO & WAITING TIMES ETC AT PL BORDERS
- UK EMBASSY IN POLAND HAVE PUBLISHED FAQ’s ON TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS
- UPDATE RE SOME OPERATORS FLYING FROM PL DESPITE BAN (source: UK Embassy)
- A WHATSAPP GROUP FOR UK RESIDENTS STRANDED IN PL, HAS BEEN SET UP (source: FB)
- POLISH BANKING ASSOC. RECOMMEND BANKS SUSPEND LOAN REPAYMENTS (source GK)
- ORLEN DISINFECTANT AVAILABLE AT ORLEN GARAGES – 95pln for 5 litres (source: GK)
UPDATE 21:00- ORLEN (Zakopianska) Sold out, staff receiving 30+ calls an hour enquiring.
- KRAKOW AIRPORT ANNOUNCEMENT (Airport website)
For all foreign passengers wishing to return back home:
Starting from today midnight (March 15th, 00:00) all scheduled flights are cancelled.
The airlines are working on a solution for the foreign passengers and offer rescue flights.
We kindly ask you to contact your AIRLINES or CONSULATE/EMBASSY directly – they will find the best solution for your situation.
- ANTI-INFLAMMATORY DRUGS MAY AGGRAVATE CORONAVIRUS MAY
- POLICE WARN OF FRAUDULENT VACCINE SCAMS (CowKrakowie.pl POLISH)
- FIRE SERVICE ASK CALLERS TO DISCLOSE IF UNDER QUARANTINE (CowKrakowie.pl POLISH)
We appeal to you if you need our intervention (and you are in quarantine or have symptoms of COVID-19 coronavirus infection) please inform the dispatcher when you report. He may ask a few questions about the current threat.
Wherever possible, this information will allow us to properly prepare for action. One infected fireman temporarily excludes the entire unit from further service.
- STRAZ MIEJSKA RESTRICT CATEGORIES OF 986 EMERGENCY CALLS & RESPONSES
Bearing in mind the safety of the inhabitants of Krakow, the city guard commander decided to limit the reception and implementation of intervention notifications to the maximum.From Monday 16 March, the reception of calls under the emergency number – 986 will be limited. The duty officers will hand over to patrols only priority reports regarding:
· threat to human health and life,
· violation of peace and public order,
· hooligan antics,
· destruction of property,
· violating the provisions of the Act on upbringing in sobriety and counteracting alcoholism,
· violating the provisions of the Road Traffic Act, but only THOSE DIRECTLY HAZARDOUS TO OTHER ROAD TRAFFIC PARTICIPANTS AND PEDESTRIAN SAFETY.Municipal police patrols WILL NOT INSPECT restricted traffic areas in the city, which can only be entered after obtaining appropriate permits, until further notice.
- MPK ANNOUNCE CHANGES TO ROUTES, SCHEDULES & CANCELLATIONS FROM MONDAY
- MEAL FOR DOCTOR CAMPAIGN („Posiłek Dla Lekarza”)
- PUBLIC CAMPAIGN TO MAKE MASKS FOR MEDICS – WITH TUTORIAL
- POCZTA POLKSA STOP RECEIVING PACKAGES FOR OVERSEAS SHIPPING & INTRODUCE OTHER RESTRICTIONS.
- ORLEN DISINFECTANT – The specially produced batch of Disinfectant is now available at Orlen service stations, but the price is considered by many to be too expensive for most Poles at 95zł.
- MPK KRAKÓW publish information on ticket machines & hygiene precautions.
- LOT ‘Lot do Domu’ site now live. “We also think about those who are in other parts of the world. Persons located in places to which LOT does not organise special flights will be able to report the need to create such a flight. We will analyse the number of people in need from a given country, as well as the possibilities of organising a flight. Demand can be submitted on the LOT DoDomu .com website .
Flat Rate Fares
Travellers will pay a flat rate for returning to Poland on special flights organised by LOT . Its amount will depend on the direction from which the flight will be operated: PLN 400 – 800 within Europe and PLN 1,600 – 2,400 for long-haul flights. The remaining amount will be paid by the Polish government.
14.03.20 – POLISH BORDER GUARD NEWS & UPDATES
14.03.20 – KRAKOW AUTHORITIES SUSPEND PARKING CHARGES UNTIL END OF MARCH
“Until the end of March there will be no charging and control in the parking zone. We want to make it easier for those who have to commute to work in the centre, and they are afraid of driving public transport and those who take care of people in the centre, for example. Shopping” Razem w ruchu
14.03.20 – KRAKÓW STREETS PRACTICALLY EMPTY ON A SATURDAY NIGHT!
Webcam images show almost empty ul Grodzka at 2030 on a Saturday night. (CoKrakowie)
14.03.20 – POLISH AUTHORITIES REPORT 13 PATIENTS HAVE RECOVERED FROM THE VIRUS
14.03.20 – Polish Government advice for employers updated advice. (gov.PL)
14.03.20 – Article on employees moving to remote working. (LoveKrakow.pl)
14.03.20 – Ministry of Foreign Affairs launch a Border Crossing Helpline.
In connection with the development of the epidemiological situation in Europe, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Poland has launched a hotline regarding the possibility of crossing borders. For information, please call +48 22 523 8880. (we presume in Polish only, no info to the contrary?)
14.03.20 – PL GOVT ARRANGING CHARTER FLIGHTS FOR POLES STRANDED ABROAD
The government has launched a programme to help Poles abroad return home after yesterday’s decision to shut down all international flights to and from Poland.
14.03 20 –FLIXBUS SUSPEND OPERATIONS TO/FROM PL
In spite of the PL travel restrictions, not including road and bus travel, Flixbus have decided to suspend Polish services until the end of March.
4.03.20 – RYANAIR Announce cancellation of all Polish flights until 31st March (including mine tomorrow 🙁 )
POLANDIn response to the decision of the Polish Government to “lock down” the entire country to contain the spread of the Covid-19 virus, Ryanair Group (including Buzz and Lauda) has been forced to cancel all flights to/from Poland, from 24:00 Saturday 14th March until 24:00 Tuesday 31st March. We are contacting all affected customers by email to advise them of their options and we urge customers not to call us.
14.03.20 – AGATA MEBLE, donating 1mln Złoty for medical an hygiene equipment.
Fantastic gesture. Bravo Agata Meble!
14.03.20 –KRAKOW STREETS, QUIETER – MAINLY TOURISTS STILL WANDERING AROUND
(Life in Krakow Photo Gallery)
14.03.20 – A Facebook Group – Pies w Koronie, has been set up to offer support to dog owners inK Kraków. (Polish)
14.03.20 – BUSINESS RESPONSE TO OUTBREAK (LoveKrakow Article in Polish)
14.03.20 – UK Foreign office have updated their travel advice in relation to Poland, in light of the new emergency measures.
Latest update from UK government, whilst UK specific, would also apply more generally to other nationalities.:
From midnight on Saturday 14 March it will not be possible for most British nationals to enter Poland owing to coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions imposed by the Polish Government. The Polish Prime Minister declared on 13 March that all borders will be shut and border control introduced from midnight local time on Saturday 14 March for 10 days. He also announced that International rail and air transport will be suspended from the same time on Saturday 14 March for 14 days.
These measures may be extended. It will not be possible for non-Polish nationals to enter Poland unless they are:
- Spouses and children or individuals under the permanent care of Polish nationals.
- Holders of a Pole’s Card.
- Individuals with the right to permanent or temporary stay in Poland or people with a work permit.
- Foreign nationals driving a means of transport used for transporting goods.
All those arriving from abroad will be required to self-isolate for 14 days. They will be required to provide the local authorities with information about their place of stay or address and a contact telephone number. British travellers currently in Poland are allowed to leave.
We recommend that British travellers who wish to leave by air or rail make arrangements to travel before midnight local time Saturday 14 March.
Foreign nationals will be able to exit Poland by coach, car or bus at designated land border crossings, though the situation could change at short notice.
Several countries neighbouring Poland have imposed restrictions on people crossing borders, including from Poland. Please check FCO travel advice for neighbouring countries before travelling.
14.03.20 – WIZZAIR cancelling all flights to and from Poland from tomorrow, until further notice.
” Due to travel restrictions imposed on all foreign flights announced by Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki, effective from 00:00 on March 15, 2020, we will suspend all his flights to and from Poland until further notice. During this time, no foreigner will be able to enter Poland, and Polish citizens coming from abroad will be quarantined. ” – we read in a Wizzair statement
14.03.20 – The Polish Govt. have published a graphic with a summary of the new restrictions:
14.03.20 – Many will be turning to taxi and ride sharing services as an alternative to trams & buses. UBER have published information on the steps they are taking.
14.03.20 – IKEA have announced they are closing all of their Polish stores from today. Online shopping only.
13.03.20 – Authorities have tonight announced Poland’s second Coronavirus death.
13.03.20 – POLISH GOVERNMENT CLOSING BORDERS, SUSPENDING INTERNATIONAL AIR & RAIL TRAVEL & IMPOSING OTHER STRICT MEASURES WITH EFFECT FROM 0000hrs SUNDAY.
Poles returning to Poland must undergo a 14-day home quarantine.
Citizens who are currently outside of Poland may return to the country. After crossing the border, each of them will be registered and also tested. He will also be directed to a mandatory 14-day home quarantine.
The restrictions will be in place, initially for 10 days but may be extended.
- Clubs, pubs, restaurants and casinos will be closed (delivery of food will be allowed)
- Restricted opening of shopping centres – non essential shops will be closed. (ie only food shops & pharmacies). For the moment, small shops outside larger malls can still operate.
- A ban on all public gatherings over 50 people including religious and state events.
11.3.20 BUS & TRAM DRIVER SEGREGATION. Barriers have been placed creating segregation zones at the front of buses, and the few trams which don’t have closed drivers compartments, to protect drivers. As a result front doors of such vehicles will be unavailable to use. read more: www.krakow.pl/facebook
11.3.20 – POLISH GOVERNMENT INFORMATION AND ADVICE on CHILD CARE ALLOWANCE & REMOTE WORKING.
Useful, clear & detailed, information & guidance, issued by the Polish Government in light of the decision to close educational establishments covering: child carer allowance, remote working, universities.
11.3.20 – Minister of Health: Let’s make sure that children don’t have close contact with the elderly. “We should re-evaluate these cultural behaviours. Let’s protect our seniors against this risk.”
11.3.20 – Hospitals in Krakow suspend patients’ admissions because of problems with masks and hygiene products.
11.3.20 – ALL SCHOOLS & NURSERIES ACROSS POLAND TO BE CLOSED 12-25th MARCH
Some care will be provided, (Swietlica?) Thursday and Friday, as a transition period to allow parents to make arrangements, however schools will be closed fully from next Monday, however we presume this period can be extended if necessary.
EXCELLENT DETAILED INFORMATION REGARDING CLOSURE OF EDUCATIONAL ESTABLISHMENTS CAN BE FOUND ON THE GOVT ‘FAMILY” WEBSITE
From 12 to 25 March schools, kindergartens, nurseries and universities will be closed.
READ MORE: All schools, nurseries, cinemas, theatres closed for two weeks because of coronavirus
REMINDER – For children attending public schools, there are options to apply for financial support in way of a carers allowance, details on eligibility etc were previously posted in this article and can be found here.
CHILDCARE CARERS ALLOWANCE What can I do to get benefit?
A statement should be submitted about the unexpected closing of the nursery (ZUS Z-15 A print). The form is valid both when the care allowance is paid by the payer and when it is paid by ZUS – they are available for download on the ZUS website. Importantly, you do not need to get a doctor’s certificate.
11.3.20 –The Polish Govt Ministry of Family, labour & social policy has some good information regarding the Coronavirus outbreak for parents, seniors, entrepreneurs, people with disabilities & their carers.
11.3.20 – Minister of Culture reports that a decision has been made to close all ‘theatres, operas, philharmonic halls, as well as cinemas and cinema networks. This does not mean closing all institutions. Scientific work, e.g. in museums, can take place. The situation is serious but not tragic.’
11.3.20 – NEWS UPDATES
- TRAM & BUS DRIVERS WILL NO LONGER SELL TICKETS ON BOARD VEHICLES, they will be available from ticket machines only.
10.3.20 – WHO PUBLISH MORTALITY RATES BY AGE:
10.3.20 – WYBORCZA – LIVE UPDATES
10.3.20 – GAZETA KRAKOWSKA – LIVE UPDATES
10.3.20- KRAKOW.PL LIVE – UPDATES
10.3.20 – SUMMARY OF NEWS
- Wizz Air suspends all flights to Israel and Italy
- University’s suspend lectures, schools & nurseries in some cities closed, for the moment Kraków schools remain open, though this is expected to change.
- Tram & bus doors will all open automatically at every stop, avoiding need for passengers to use door buttons.
- Hospitals running short of essential supplies, masks etc.
- Public events, cancelled, football matches being played behind closed doors, without spectators.
- Condition of patient in Kraków has ‘significantly deteriorated’
- Police are to be sent to check on quarantined patients to make sure they are adhering to the quarantine.
- Warnings of scammers and fraud such as fake vaccines and mask online shops etc.
- Officials appeal for responsible behaviour, calm & common sense.
- Polish church plan to have more masses in spite of ban on public gatherings and clear risks. stating “”It is unimaginable that we do not pray in our churches” !!!
- Government planning special measures to help businesses and entrepreneurs most affected by the outbreak, such as the tourist industry.
- The University Hospital, Kraków, is suspending scheduled admission to surgery and treatment departments from Wednesday until further notice.
- In Zakopane, the man suspected of coronavirus escaped from the hospital. The police stopped him.
10.3.20 – As a handful of schools & nurseries begin to close in some areas, and with more closures expected, this article explains options for carers allowance entitlement.
- 18 people are currently infected in Poland. The president will not organise “large campaign meetings”
- Staff of President Andrzej Duda plans to suspend the election campaign because of the coronavirus. The decision is to be announced on Tuesday – the tvp.info portal established.
- At Tuesday’s government meeting, Minister of Development Jadwiga Emilewicz is to present a package of support for companies, including from the tourism industry affected by the spread of coronavirus.
- Israeli authorities introduce a 14-day quarantine obligation for everyone coming to this country, and therefore also for Polish citizens. (& all tourists from Thursday) The new rules are to apply for at least two weeks – informs the Polish ambassador to Israel Marek Magierowski.
- 13.50 – At 15.00 we launch five control border points in places where scheduled buses and buses cross the border with Poland. 4 on the border with Germany and one on the border with the Czech Republic. Within a dozen or so hours, these points will be extended to entire borders with Germany and the Czech Republic. Within several dozen hours, all Polish borders will be secured, including with other countries, ‘said Mariusz Kamiński, head of the Ministry of Interior and Administration.
- Appeal to cancel mass event: The head of government appeals to all mass event organisers to “abstain from their organisation and dismiss them”. – Mass events according to our analysis were the reason for the faster spread of the virus in Germany and Italy – says Morawiecki.(KED Note: Santana concert and March of the Living at Auschwitz amongst many large events cancelled, some sporting events are taking place without spectators)
9.3.20 FIRST CORONAVIRUS CASE CONFIRMED IN KRAKÓW
Perhaps inevitably, authorities have today confirmed the first case of Coronavirus in Kraków, with one confirmed patient, and reportedly one unconfirmed at the Żeromski hospital.
You can keep up to date with the latest developments with regards to the situation in Kraków, via this live updates feed from Gazeta Krakówska.
An official press conference is planned for 1230 today (9.3.20)
Love.Krakow reports that he patient, is reportedly a 60 year old male, recently returned from a skiing trip to Italy. There are now 15 confirmed cases across Poland.
Telephone Patient Information – 800-190-590 – 24/7 information how to deal with suspected coronavirus infection. For English press 6.
You can get information on what to do if coronavirus infection is suspended at the free and 24-hour Telephone Patient Information.
The consultants will inform you:
- what is a coronavirus
- how to protect yourself against coronavirus
- what to do when you return from a country where coronavirus infection has occurred and you have doubts about your health
- where you will find the nearest sanitary inspection facility or hospital infectious ward and learn how to contact them
- if you have any doubts about how to deal with coronavirus infection.
The connection to the Patient’s Telephone Information is free, and you will talk to our consultants 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
4.3.20 FIRST CORONAVIRUS CASE CONFIRMED IN POLAND
The patient, in Zielona Góra had recently returned from Germany. He contacted a doctor after feeling unwell, he has now been hospitalised and his family and other contacts placed under quarantine.
- Home working – ‘the employer may outsource work to the employee from home’.
- In addition, the regulation introduces the right to additional care allowance for a period of not more than 14 days, if the nursery, kindergarten or school is closed.
- Thirdly, it allows you to make orders and perform services or works without applying the provisions of the Act on public procurement and construction law. Thanks to this, you will be able to react quickly to the threat of a virus.
- In addition, it was stipulated that the prescription would be able to be issued by a pharmacist, and the minister would be able to set maximum prices for specific medicinal products used to treat the virus based on GIS information.
The following extract from the www.krakow.pl article, is translated using google translate.
If you have been to one of the regions affected by the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) coronavirus epidemic in the last 14 days (the current list of countries where the incidence was recorded is available on the websites: who.int , ecdc.europa.eu , gis.gov.pl ) and you have noticed symptoms such as: fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing problems , immediately call the sanitary-epidemiological station by phone or report to the infectious ward or observation-infectious ward, where further medical procedure will be determined.
Monday to Friday 7.30 to 15.05, please call the landline numbers of the Poviat Sanitary and Epidemiological Station in Krakow at ul. Makuszyńskiego 9:
Tel. 12 644 91 33
Tel. 12 644 93 72
tel. 12 644 99 64
Tel. 12 684 40 35
Tel. 12 684 40 99
The following phone numbers are available 24/7
+48 600 876 214 or +48 602 263 605 – only one of the numbers given is active during the call .
Infectious and observational-infectious wards in Krakow:
University Hospital in Krakow – Infectious Diseases Department, ul. Jakubowskiego 2, 24-hour tel. / Phone to the doctor on duty at the infectious department: 12 400 20 00.
Specialist Hospital Stefan Żeromski SP ZOZ in Krakow – Observation and Infectious Department, os. Na Skarpie 67, 24-hour tel. / Phone to the doctor on duty at the infectious department: 12 622 93 53.
If you have been to the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) coronavirus epidemic region in the last 14 days and you have not observed the above-mentioned symptoms, monitor your health for the next 14 days, i.e. measure your body temperature every day and pay attention to flu-like symptoms (malaise) , muscle aches, cough).
If after 14 days of self-observation the above-mentioned symptoms did not occur, you can terminate the control. However, if you observe the above-mentioned symptoms within 14 days of self-observation, immediately notify by phone the sanitary-epidemiological station or report to the infectious ward or observation-infectious ward, where the further medical procedure will be determined.
ADDITIONAL OFFICIAL INFORMATIONS IS AVAILABLE AT:
Advice from the Polish Health Ministry – (English)
These are the past articles, recent media & official updates are now being added in the DAILY UPDATES section at the start of this article.
IMPACT ON TOURISM IN & AROUND KRAKÓW (Polish)
Are the concerns justified or is it a case of dangerous hysteria? The Spectator, put’s things into perspective, in this article. The most dangerous thing about coronavirus is the hysteria
OFFICIAL STATEMENT DENYING RUMOURED CASE IN KRAKÓW
Media reports of a coronavirus case in Kraków were dismissed last week, in an official statement, however, as part of contingency measures, the official city website has issued guidance and information regarding the coronavirus outbreak.
The Kraków military hospital were forced to issue statement, assuring the public that there are no confirmed coronavirus cases at the hospital, to quash rumours and media reports of a coronavirus patient.
” 5. Military Clinical Hospital with the Polyclinic SP ZOZ based in Krakow at ul. Wrocławska 1-3 declares that information appearing in the media about a confirmed case of a patient infected with coronavirus is untrue.
At the same time, we would like to inform you that in connection with the renovation works carried out at the Department of Infectious Diseases, the provision of health services in this area has been temporarily discontinued until May 31, 2020. “
#coronavirus #covid19 #krakowexpats
CORONAVIRUS LIVE UPDATES & RESOURCES
KRAKOW.PL (official city website)
WYBORCZA.PL in English
THE FIRST NEWS (English)
The founder and editor of Kraków Expats Directory, and our sister site Kraków TV www.krakowtv.pl. David fell in love with Kraków 20 years ago, and made it his home in 2011.
We’re always looking for interesting stories, events, characters or groups to feature. Likewise, if you’d like to join us, as a contributor, please get in touch.